Re: Clutch Mileage

Wow I'm responding to a lot of posts tonight... oh well. Scirocco and VW
4-cylinder clutches in general go about 120K miles on average, from working in
a VW shop. There are certainly cases of them going much longer, with lots of
highway travel and such. Of course, there are like 3 different sizes of VW
clutch, too, which will affect it. My Scirocco's clutch went 130K miles before
my brother exploded it (permanently engaged... very interesting). My dad's
Golf's clutch went 130K miles... my QSW has 167K on it now with the original
clutch, and no signs of slipping... but that's a different story entirely.
    -Josiah
    '84 GTi
    '86 Scirocco (buy me!)
    '87 QSW