Re: Wheels vs.power

At 09:05 PM 11/30/98 -0500, Feenix wrote:
>Am planning on getting 16 inch wheels when tax returns come in. Has
>anybody who has 16inchers noticed a significant power loss? Also who
>makes a light yet affordable wheel? I am more concerned with performance
>than looks so losing any more of my meager power band is unacceptable!
>
>Feenix..
>88 16V

You are bound to notice at least a little difference in power, especially
if you are going from 13" to 16".  But even from 14" that's a big increase.
 If you can find some light weight wheels it won't be a very big
deal(shouldn't be hard since a lot of VW's wheels are kind of heavy).  If
you don't notice the difference in power you probably will in gas
mileage-example- my truck seems to be more or less equal to others, of the
same make/model, around me but I get about 2 mpg less than them because
I've got a tire/wheel package with bigger wheels and tires.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)