Engine Rebuilts Book?

Hi y'all,

My dad's friend who can rebuild motors is gonna help me rebuild a motor
which I have.  The question I have is "Will a Bentley manual (which I
already own) suffice in rebuilding the motor (which is from a 84 GTi - 1.8l
JH) or need I find a book called 'engine rebuilts'."  Actually, my dad's
friend said that this book should exist for this type of engine and that it
would greatly assist our efforts.  He is not a VW mechanic so I would like
to get him all the help he needs.  So, any clues as to what I would need or
does this book in fact exist.

Thanks,

Sal