The "getting arrested" thread

Not a Scirocco post...but I was in a Golf when I got arrested. Some might
find humorous...A couple of years back, my wife and I went to Litchfield,
S.C. to her dad's beach house with another couple for the weekend. Since
it's about a half hour from Myrtle Beach, we decided to drive down the strip
one evening and check out all the cheesy action around the Pavillion area.
We packed a cooler and put it in the way-back of the Golf so we could access
it but it wasn't visible. My bud Fernando and I were sitting in the back and
Betsy and Jessica were up front. My wife Betsy was the desig. drvr. and was
definitely NOT drinking. Anyway, we're in bumper-to-bumper, laughing and
feeling like a bunch of old people (we were all around 27) when a cop pulls
up next to us in a mother-scratching GOLF CART. "Whatcha got there, young
lady?" He asked Jessie through the window. Her lame "nothing" did not fool
this master detective. Me and Fernie made an equally lame attempt to conceal
our beers under the seat, but failed. The cop told us to pull over and exit
the vehicle. He poured all our beers out (but never saw the cooler) and
then, in front of fifty million drunk vacationers, proceeded to handcuff
three of us and throw us in the paddy wagon. My law-abiding wife was left to
come up with $152 EACH to spring us from the clink. They threw Jessie in a
cell by herself and Fernando and I got thrown in with all the hardened
criminals. Worst thing was, we hadn't even had ONE beer when we got busted,
so we were painfully sober. While we were sitting there bumming out, with
about 30 other guys in the cell, I dared Fernando to take a shit in the
stainless steel toilet in the middle of the room. We started laughing
hysterically and the inmates got pissed off. My wife was able to spring us
after about three hours. Moral is, that sucks.

JR
78 A3 2.0 Motronic