Re: Racing Info

On Sun, 30 Aug 1998 19:47:38 -0700 (PDT) David McGowan
<trent@telnet.iwvisp.com> writes:
>a little town called ridgecrest california near bakersfield and
>lancaster.

AH! People do still live there eh? I have been wondering about that for a
while.

I did some of my best drag racing there a few years back at InyoKern (the
airport there is the site of the worlds oldest dragstrip.) Nice bunch of
people. (DustDevils)

Well, if you want to Autox, there are 4 locations that are currently
active. The furthest would be here in San Diego. (Its a 3-1/2 hr drive)
We autox about once a month on average.

In L.A. there is Cal Club. They tend to race at 2 dominant sites and
another site about twice a year which is closest to you near Victorville.
(That's the place i ran off course if you were listening a week ago.)

The other site which is a few miles further than the Devore site is at
the old Norton AFB. (Just off of the I-15 and I-10)

Mostly I think they run at Hollywood park. All of the Cal Club events are
at great sites, large, flat but in the summer time, hotter than hell. (Oh
yeah, Ridgcrest is desert haven. I forgot.)

Is this something you would like to do, or are you more interested in the
drag racing scene or what?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and