Re: Quality mechanics in L.A.

Christopher Mueller wrote:

> I'd be interested to know who people in L.A. would recommend to take
> their Sciroccos to for service.  My 16v needs some work that's beyond
> the time/tools/skill level I have right now and woud rather have a
> "professional"  do it right the first time.

You pretty much have 2 choices: VW Specialties in Huntington Beach.. or
Velocity in Lawndale (or wherever they moved to, if not still Lawndale, very
close by).

I can't say enough good things about VW Specialties.  It's a 4-man shop
that you'd drive right past if you didn't know where you were going - there
is no sign of any kind visible from the street.  Yet it takes about 2 weeks
to get an appointment to get your car in there, that's the kind of following
they have.  And he's cheap - I think his hourly rate is $55, and he does NOT
nickel-and-dime you for stuff.. 5-star recommendation!!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA