Re: Quality mechanics in L.A.

The best mechanic I know isn't really in L.A., but he's not far from it.
He's Ron Wood at VW Specialties (714) 848-3766.  He's definitely the one
you want to go to if you care about your car.  His schedule is really
busy, so sometimes it might take a week or two before you can get your
car in; but it's definitely worth it.

By the way, where in LA do you live.  I live very close to downtown and
don't know a lot of enthusiasts close to here.  This is the hood, and I
do my best to not get nailed by the hoodmobiles roaming around tearing
up streets and pouring tons of pollution into the air with every engine
rotation.  Talk to you later!

- -Ian Overholt
'88 16v