Re: Air Conditioning

This is a wild stab in the dark , but i belive It could be your Digital
Idle stabalizer. I too have an 80 scirocco , and the casing around the
digital idle cracked and is subject to the elements. It might have been
damaged or maybe one of the contacts fell off. Take a look at it , its a
little black box directly to the drivers side of the single wiper motor.
Dave