Re: after-market gauges

>I doubt that ANY of the rest of us here that are maniacs for Sciroccos have
>EVER owned a Tiredbird... much less yanked gauges out of it to mount in
>the S...  <g>

As I said, they were aftermarket and pretty good.  No point in letting them
go to the new owner of the car.

>> The best place I can see to put them is to the left of the radio, mounted
>> vertically.  You can usually see most, if not all, of that area through
>> the steering wheel.  Is there a better place?
>
>Get a Neuspeed 3-gauge panel (cheap, approx $20) and mount it where the
>ashtray
>and single gauge now exist.. a zillion of us have done that, and it's clean
>and trick.. if the gauges you have aren't VDO, ditch 'em and go for it..
VDO's
>*belong* in VW's!!!

3-gauge panel in the ashtray?!  Are the gauges the size of quarters or
something?  Does anyone of the zillion of you have a pic of how this looks?
 URL?  And if I don't have an ashtray, where do I put my misc screws and
lights?  Thought that's what it was for....

Dan

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net
  http://www.flash.net/~nowlan/