*BIRTH*SCHOOL*WORK*DEATH*
From: "Trent , Dragons Gate" <trent@telnet.iwvisp.com>
To: Kevin Collins <collinsk@sprintmail.com>
Cc

Ok the way i heard story was when VW wanted to design the  replacment of
the Kharman gia they went to Izuzu(sp) and had them design the scirocco.
so after a few months or whever they showed up with the design for the
impulse. VW said hell no , thats a peice of shit. So the they went to
Giugiaro and said ok you try , and e up with the MK1 , and they said YES
!
But isuzu said well we might as well make this into a cao they developed
the impulse as well. *sh this is how i heard the tale.

On Tue, 25 Aug 1998, Kevin Collins wrote:

> Doug wrote:
>
> > All Sciroccos were made at the Karmann factory in Osnabruck Germany.
> > Karmann had a hand in the design but Karmann is not a designer.
Karmann
> > worked with designers to develope cars for them to build. Giugiaro
designed
> > the first (MK1) Scirocco and Herbert Schafer's new VW design studio
> > designed the mk2.
>
> And for those who didn't know, Giugiaro designed what was SUPPOSED to
be the
> mk2, but VW rejected the design.. and it became the dreaded Isuzu
Impulse!!