Re: after-market gauges

The best place I can see to put them is to the
>left of the radio, mounted vertically.  You can usually see most, if
not
>all, of that area through the steering wheel.  Is there a better place?
>Can I have the stock temp indicator AND this after-market temp sensor,
too?
> Is there room for both?  What about the oil pressure sender?  There
was a
>post on this a coupla days ago.  Where is this on the 8v?  Is there any
>reason I should use a VDO oil pressure gauge instead?  Opinions please.
>Thanks.
>
>Dan
>'86 8v red martian

When I had a 'rocco, the PO had yanked the ashtray and gauge holder and
made a 3 gauge panel out of cardboard and black cloth tape. It looked
REAL nice, sure :^(
I made one out of aluminum and painted it black. It worked great, and
looked good, too. Then I found out that Neuspeed makes a powdercoated
one....grrr....oh, well. At least I saved some $$$!

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen