Re: after-market gauges

Daniel A. Nowlan wrote:

> Several years back I purchased and installed a pair of after-market gauges
> for my '84 Firebird.  I can't remember the name on them, but I think
> they're pretty good.  (I never had a complaint when they were in my
> Firebird.)  Now I wanna put them in the 'Rocco.  I'm sure some of y'all
> have done the same thing.

I doubt that ANY of the rest of us here that are maniacs for Sciroccos have
EVER owned a Tiredbird... much less yanked gauges out of it to mount in
the S...  <g>

> The best place I can see to put them is to the left of the radio, mounted
> vertically.  You can usually see most, if not all, of that area through
> the steering wheel.  Is there a better place?

Get a Neuspeed 3-gauge panel (cheap, approx $20) and mount it where the
ashtray
and single gauge now exist.. a zillion of us have done that, and it's clean
and trick.. if the gauges you have aren't VDO, ditch 'em and go for it.. VDO's
*belong* in VW's!!!

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA