after-market gauges

Several years back I purchased and installed a pair of after-market gauges
for my '84 Firebird.  I can't remember the name on them, but I think
they're pretty good.  (I never had a complaint when they were in my
Firebird.)  Now I wanna put them in the 'Rocco.  I'm sure some of y'all
have done the same thing.  The best place I can see to put them is to the
left of the radio, mounted vertically.  You can usually see most, if not
all, of that area through the steering wheel.  Is there a better place?
Can I have the stock temp indicator AND this after-market temp sensor, too?
 Is there room for both?  What about the oil pressure sender?  There was a
post on this a coupla days ago.  Where is this on the 8v?  Is there any
reason I should use a VDO oil pressure gauge instead?  Opinions please.
Thanks.

Dan
'86 8v red martian

  mailto:nowlan@flash.net