S2 (electrical problems) HELP!!!!

I've been having some really strange electrical problems recently and I need
some ideas on what could be going on. Here's the background on the parts
involved: Battery is 3yrs old and run dead once, 90 amp alternator bought used
a year ago.

What happened was this: the car sat for a week in hot weather (I was doing
body work). After a week it wouldn't start (volt guage reeds 11 volts). after
this the battery drops about 0.4volts every 12 hrs or so. I have'nt messed
with any of my electrical components so I have no idea whet could be draining
it. Now when I drive my volt guage drops significantly every time I turn
something on (ie. reads 13.8 turn lights on and it shows 12.5 run stereo and
12.1 and so on) previously it would nerer dip below 13-13.5. I am really
frustrated with this problem so if anyone can offer some ideas I would be very
greatfull! BTW: I should mention that the battery does not drain when it is
disconected from the leads that go to the interior but the only things that
stay on are the volt guage and the clock.
TIA

Nate