dreaded CA smog gestapo

Well you guys, I just got my worst nightmare in the mail today.

	I have to get my car smogged! And not just a regular smog, I have to smog
it on the new 'dynos'. ouch.
I dont know if i'll be able to pass the way my car burns oil and how bad
the exhaust leaks between manifold and downpipe. (3 broken studs).

Well it's got 200k miles on the stock EN (1.7) with MSD 6A ignition, 2 1/4"
cat back, autotech dual downpipe, k&n.
What do you think will be the best spark plug gap for the smog test? right
now I'm at .055", should I close it a bit or leave it?

	I'm dropping my new catalytic converter in, I just put in a new o2 sensor
and new NGK non-resistor plugs last week, and I'll have the fuel system
power flushed. I'm also going to overinflate the front tires so I have less
resistance on the dyno.

	Besides play with the CO screw, does anyone have any tricks I should use
to squeak me passed the test? I can't crank up the ignition timing because
they check that. Would high octane racing gas work? AHHHHH I need help to
trick the new gestapo!

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S
      San Diego, CA