Re: dreaded CA smog gestapo

If anything, you'll want to retard, not advance the timing in order
to lower the emissions.  Why do you have to have it smogged on a
dyno?  I thought that the state scrapped the idea because of the
immense cost involved.  Consult the DMV and a local smog shop, but I
thought that's what happened, according to several local techs.
Another trick to getting a car to pass is to put a fair amount of
methanol in the gas tank.  It runs REAL clean then.