Re: Tranny Woes

On Mon, 29 Sep 1997 09:22:56 -0400 mark.peele@juno.com (Mark A. Peele)
writes:
>Thanks for all this info  - I've been  wanting to switch tranny fluid
>for some time -

Just understand that if your tranny has high miles, you do run the risk
of having a leaky tranny by switching to synthetic at that point. FYI
only..

>One question: when switching to say  . . . redline - do you simply
>drain the old fluid and then fill with the new (redline)? Or is some
>sort of flush necessary?
>
> . . . Mark

Simply drain and fill. (Don't forget to put the drain plug on or it will
take ALOT of fluid to fill the thing.
Also, Don't be like the quicky oil change places, if you have the time,
let the tranny sit for a while to drain so it ALL comes out. The
remaining fluid will mix with the new synthetic but wont hurt it. By the
time you change the fluid again, it should be pure synthetic in there.
Not that this makes any real difference or anything.
HTH!!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and

I met a few Scirocco's from SD at the Velocity Show that may just make me
change my sig! :)