Re: Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net>: Re: Tranny Woes

Mark A. Peele wrote:

> Thanks for all this info  - I've been  wanting to switch tranny fluid for
> some time -
>
> One question: when switching to say  . . . redline - do you simply drain
> the old fluid and then fill with the new (redline)? Or is some sort of
> flush necessary?
>
>  . . . Mark
> Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975

No flush is necessary, but it is helpful to hold a magnet in the path of
the draining fluid to see if anything bad is going on in there!  Takes
about 2 quarts.

Jim
--
Jim Buck,
ES #99

For sale!
4-14"x6" rare all silver GTI "basket weave" rims, which I believe were
on 1985 GTI's   new condition except for 1 which has a very minor flat
spot.  $350
4-14"x6" Borbet type "C" rims, with VW centercaps, great condition $350
(look awesome on
all rabbits, jettas, sciroccos.
4-14"x6" Machined aluminum "hammers", great and straight $200