Re: AGB transmission serial numbers AGB

On Mon, 29 Sep 97 12:49:10 EST "Paul Krucke"
<pkrucke@logistics.calibersys.com> writes:
>     Ok, I have to get this out. Some may say bullshit, but either my
VDO is way
>     out of calibration or there is something to be said about Tranny
code AGB.
>     Of the 12,000 Scirocco's imported in 1987 mine has been the only
one I have
>     seen with an AGB trans code, all others are 2Y.
>
>     In third gear at 7200rpm I hit 90mph, no-shit, it is great on
straight
>     on-ramps.  I have seen once a post that said the AGB was the same
>ratios as the 2Y, but something IS different as I have driven 2Y
16v's....
>     -Paul
>     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
>     87 Scirocco 16v
>     87 Jetta GLi
>     63 Bug

According to my chart, the AGB and the 2Y are geared exactly the same.
<shrug>

You have the 1.44 3rd gear which should net you a 90 mph @ redline,
according to the chart on my car test program.

Other stats that the program tells me, which maybe are not consistent
with what your results are but may have some interest to you. Also, I
haven't inputted anything but what comes as a bone "stock"  87' Scirocco
16V on the program so whatever mods you may have are not noted.

0-60.  8.2 seconds.
1/4 time. 16.4 @84.6mph.
top speed.  115mph.

It tells me my top speed is 119mph but just yesterday I hit what should
be 125 on the 120 mph spedo easily on a long flat section of freeway
playing with a BMW. So, its a good reference program but maybe not
completely reliable.
HTH.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and