RE: Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net>: Re: Tranny Woes

Mark A. Peele wrote:

> Thanks for all this info  - I've been  wanting to switch tranny
fluid for
> some time -
>
> One question: when switching to say  . . . redline - do you simply
drain
> the old fluid and then fill with the new (redline)? Or is some sort
of
ÿ	flush necessary?

I don't know of any flush myself, I would do the magnet thing from the
previous email though.  Just thought I would put my two cents in on
what type of sythetic to use, and my vote is for AMSOIL.  I have never
used castrol or redline, but I was pretty much amazed by the
difference in feel from the regular gear oil and the AMSOIL.  I no
longer have any problem shifting (hot or cold) and there is definitely
no grinding (unless It was my own fault - like I said no grinding).  I
guess all synthetics are pretty expensive, the AMSOIL I bought was
around $10/qt.

HTH,

John
80 Scirocco S