AGB transmission serial numbers AGB

     Ok, I have to get this out. Some may say bullshit, but either my VDO is way
     out of calibration or there is something to be said about Tranny code AGB.
     Of the 12,000 Scirocco's imported in 1987 mine has been the only one I have
     seen with an AGB trans code, all others are 2Y.

     In third gear at 7200rpm I hit 90mph, no-shit, it is great on straight
     on-ramps.  I have seen once a post that said the AGB was the same ratios as
     the 2Y, but something IS different as I have driven 2Y 16v's, and they take
     me in 1st and 2nd, then I hit 3,4 and were even, then after a moment I
     slowly inch away.  I tested this out with a friend who has a 16v 2Y.
     Also, I have broken the stated 122/127mph top end limit with my needle one
     needle thick past 130mph.

     Can anyone else vouch for this.  The guy at my local tuner confimed that
     with the AGB in a rocco, and the given drag coefficient that it is
     possible.

     -Paul
     90 Audi 90 Quattro 20v
     87 Scirocco 16v