Re: Junkyard blues

On Sun, 28 Sep 1997 17:08:55 -0400 mark.peele@juno.com (Mark A. Peele)
writes:

>Anyone have any tips on getting the headlight switch out of the dash?
>I had a bitch of a time trying to get one out this morning - I gave
>up. I could'nt find any tabs to press or such on the back of the dash,
>and it seemed stupid to go at it from the front . . .
>thanks . . .
>
> . . . Mark
>Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975

I've never done it myself but the way I remember the switches being
installed in the dash is they are just pressed in. Try a #1 flat tip
screw driver and try to gently pry it out from the front of the dash???
Better yet, try it on a junker first!
probably no help at all but just the same, HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and