Junkyard blues

Hello, I spoke too soon about putting my '81 seats in my '82. although
the 82 seats fit in my '81, the '81 seats won't fit in the '82 - it seems
VW made the center "L" bracket a little taller on the '82s - - damn!!!

now I'll have to reupholster those blue seats to match my soon to be
black interior . . .

I spent this morning in a junkyard. They had about 4 of the Mk2
sciroccos, as well as several mk1's. Only one of the Mk2's still had it's
wing, and it was a later (larger) one. I'm looking for the smaller one.

IF ANYONE SEES A GOOD EARLY WING (82-84) PLEASE LET ME KNOW - I WANT IT
(mine is cracked in several places).

Anyone have any tips on getting the headlight switch out of the dash? I
had a bitch of a time trying to get one out this morning - I gave up. I
could'nt find any tabs to press or such on the back of the dash, and it
seemed stupid to go at it from the front . . .

thanks . . .

 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975