SCIROCCO87@aol.com: Re: Tranny Woes

I belive Techtonics swears by it . .
 . . . Mark
Scirocco 1982, 1980S (dying), 1981S (RIP), previously 1975TS, 1975
From: SCIROCCO87@aol.com
To: scirocco-l@privateI.com
Subject: Re: Tranny Woes
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 1997 16:54:24 -0400 (EDT)

<< Redline has an additive package that meets
 Porsche and VW transaxle requirements.  Castrol does not. Maybe AMSoil
 does, I don't know. This additive, in contrast to the actual
 slipperiness of the fluid, actually ADDS friction to engaging gears and
 syncros therby extending their service life, and decreasing gear grind.
 So having the slipperiest gear lube won't help much when you have no
 synchros left.  That's my best advice.

 Jim >>

Does anybody know if Spectro is any good????  I have it in my car and
have
had no problems (plus it completely solved some gear grinding problems
this
tranny had in it's donor car).  I am just wondering if anybody has had or
heard of problems with the stuff.  Thanks
DANMAY
8716VScirocco  83GTi
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87