Re: 92 Scirocco

On Wed, 24 Sep 1997 15:56:08 -0700 Richard Fenton/Shannon Fenton
<ldfen1@lisco.com> writes:

>A friend of mine when he moved to the states from germany wanted to
>bring his 16V Opel Callibra. It was only going to cost him 600 dollars
>or so (1992) but once over here for the title to transfer almost
>everthing had to be redone on the car.

Back when I planned to ship my BMW to the states (via the military) it
was going to cost me $900 to fully convert the car to be US legal. They
were even gonna lat me keep my I-6 that I had squeezed in the car (Read,
major mods) and just add the smog equipment that went with the engine.
(That's why it cost so much. I think normally it would have cost the $600
you stated also.) This was in 87 that I was looking to do this but it
never happened thanks to a 17 yr old drunk driver.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and