Re: 92 Scirocco

Mawster Chadwick wrote:

> Hmm.
>
> So if I go to Europe and somehow get my claws into a fresh 92 Scirocco, I
> wonder how much it will cost to ship it overseas, and whether it's legal here
> in Canada (the car).  Geez, wouldn't it be great to be one of the only people
> in North America with a 90-something Rocco. 8>) (Expensive though too!)
>
> Chad Ptasinski
> 1985 8V Scirocco
> happy thing of the month: T-shirt /w "farfrompukin" logo
> "http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"

A friend of mine when he moved to the states from germany wanted to
bring his 16V Opel Callibra. It was only going to cost him 600 dollars
or so (1992) but once over here for the title to transfer almost
everthing had to be redone on the car. All the lighting had to be
brought up or down to U.S. spec, emmissons = new exhaust, even his turn
signal relays had to be changed not to mention somehow getting the
bumbers up to code. If I remember right it was like 2550-3000 dollars
total. If I were to bring anything over it would be a Mini Cooper or a
Rallye Golf.Just my $.2.

shannon
87 16V