Re: Burning Oil ='(

> Date:          Thu, 18 Sep 1997 23:35:40 -0400
> From:          Etrik Patricella <etrik@pure-research.net>
> To:            scirocco-l@privatei.com
> Subject:       Burning Oil ='(

> ACK!!,  I just noticed a small about of blue smoke and the smell
> of burning oil from my 16v...  I guess my rings couldn't thake those
> 7500 rpm forays.  It is not smoking alot now, but I am pissed either
> way, I was almost done!!  All I needed was a paint job.  Now I am
> gonna have to change the rings!!!! (just because I know they are going).
> anybody have any tips on keeping to somking down to a min.?
>
> RRRRRrrrrrrr!!
> Etrik
>
> P.S.
> Oil changes every 5000 mi.
> and the car was treated with
> dura-lube (I know, but I got it for
> free so I figued what the hell)

Really sorry to hear about that....

I think there's a treatment for your oil you can get at most
autoparts stores.  It's called something like "stop smoke".  It's
just a bandaid fix, but if you're desperate......

Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
happy thing of the month: T-shirt /w "farfrompukin" logo
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"