Burning Oil ='(

ACK!!,  I just noticed a small about of blue smoke and the smell
of burning oil from my 16v...  I guess my rings couldn't thake those
7500 rpm forays.  It is not smoking alot now, but I am pissed either
way, I was almost done!!  All I needed was a paint job.  Now I am
gonna have to change the rings!!!! (just because I know they are going).
anybody have any tips on keeping to somking down to a min.?

RRRRRrrrrrrr!!
Etrik

P.S.
Oil changes every 5000 mi.