Re: Ram air or Swiss Cheese ??

Mines The BEST!!!!!

oh ok Ego aside...I don't think swiss cheesing is such a great
idea..you're pulling in warm engine bay air from it. The BEST
way I would imagine would be to mout an air scoupe on the hood
on the driver's side, just past the back of the back of the
headlights so it can go down, then up into the box..also this would
add a spot like a sink drain curve to add a 'water wastegate' at the
bottow of the hose curve ..just before it goes into the box so that
water can drain out..also a few small drain holes in the box itself
would'nt be too bad near the battery.

I wish they'd made a radiator w/ a 3" hole so we can run hose
directly from the grille strait into the box! =]

but all others aside my ram-air is an easy setup to do..just be
careful of large water puddles at high speed..I really haven't seen
much water problems at all.and I live in Houston TX where it rains
almost every day. the intae isnt at a spot where rain easily gets
into..it's tucked so far behid the bumper that kinda catches the rain
before it hits the 'possum catcher' (front spoiler) and it's out of
the way of the tire splah area..plus the path is kinda far..the water
usually drips back down the plastic part before ever hitting my K&N
filter.

Ryan