Re: Quaife

On Wed, 17 Apr 1997 19:56:15 -0700 Jason Brunberg <stoopid@idirect.com>
writes:

>I understand that they're unbeatable on the twisties, but I was
>wondering if there's any difference in launching from a stop.  I am
>hooked on acceleration.  It's like a drug, and I need another fuc*ing
>hit! :)
>
>jason
>87 16V

You damn drugie!   : )

Heres the deal. I dint have a quaife, never have driven one either. So I
cant say for sure what their capabilities are BUT! With the stage 2 diff
kit I have, I can light up both front wheels rather easily and yes, both
wheel's do churn when im too heavy on the throttle. Ive got a ton more
low end torque than your (or any for the matter) 16V has so the fact both
my front wheels can/do spin at the same time tells me the diff kit is
probably the most cost effective/functional way to go.
There's only one real way to find out tho, and that's to slap down the
$99.00 and install it yourself within a few hours. Like I said before,
all the special tools come with it to remove the drive flanges. Its up to
you to get the axles out.
Im sure that if the diff kit can do this, then the quaife can do the same
thing for sure.

...det-det---det....Kirk out!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and