Re: stalling probs

On Wed, 17 Sep 1997 14:24:34 -0600 "Meat" <penny@sk.sympatico.ca> writes:
>well, well, well... my f*#kin car seems to want to stall whenever i slow
>down to stop. untill it gets warmed up totally that is.

8V or 16V?????????????? Sig says 84' so I will assume 8V. It does'nt
matter, im only gonna give 8V advice anyways! :)
Sounds like the little Auxillary Air Regulator. Its located behind the
intake manifold. Test it. Replace it if its bad, but chances are good
that on your 84, this is origional. This fixed my problem I had a few
years ago. My car would run like crap then it would just click and run
fine. I believe I replaced my thermo time switch also but it did'nt do
anything for my problem.

>i had a new water
>pump installed last month and i'm wondering if the guy who did it
screwed
>up the timing when he took off the belt. is that a possible solution, to
do
>the timing?

Possible but IMHO doubtful. Have the timming checked but it should'nt
have anything to hinder the running when the car is cold.

>or could it be that little switch that says "summer" and
>"winter" should be switched now that its a little cooler. that's
probably
>not it though, cause it hasnt dipped below 0 celcius yet. any ideas on
>what might be causing this?
>
>Sean Penny
>'84 Zender Z400

Hmm, I Don't have that switch. Dunno.
HTH!

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and