Re: differential???

dogmatic wrote:

> Hey guys, I am getting decent at stock stuff, but have a question...what
> is a differential, and where would it go?
>
> --
> dharma
>
> 85 scirocco 8v
> 83 scirocco 8v (parting out)
> 78 saab 99L (restoring for headache)
>
> http://www.cocoloco.com/david/rocco.htm

Im not the best either so feel free to dicount it for the ranting of an
idiot(different post). The diff is what your drive axels join into and
it is connected to the tranny, its purpose to the best of my knowledge
is to allow the wheels to turn at different speeds(when going around
corners).Some people put Quafie diffs on for better power to the ground,
how they accomplish this i dont know mainly beacause theyre way out of
my price range. I think a couple list members have them.

shannon
87 16V