remanufactured parts

        I just wrecked my right rear caliper on my 87 16v.  I dont think the
brake fluid had been changed in the life of the car.  So when i went to undo
the bleeder screw on the rr it was totally rusted shut and with the
slightest bit of pressure it snapped.  Our efforts to get it out with an
easy out didn't make anything easy.  I broke off inside the bleeder screw.
So now you could say i'm screwed(ha).  My question is first does anyone know
what i could do to avoid replacing it (especially since i just finished
painting the calipers a few days before) and if i do need a new one, I'm not
exactly prepared to shell out $600 for a new one at the dealership,  is the
remanufacturing done by VW, or private companies?

                        Thanx in advance

                                                  OWEN