Re: Girlfriends car

She likes the corolla because the only thing we've done on it in 5 years
is the the brakes, clutch, and a measly fuel filter...it's got 122K on it
now...Thanks for the info on the gaskets...anyone have marks number handy?
Maybe I'll just look it up on the web...Thanks for your help, dogmatic
(dave?) and shawn!!  :)

Dale  84 8v

On Tue, 16 Sep 1997, SHAWN C MEZE wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:55:31 -0400 (EDT) "Dale D. Baker"
> <flounder@umich.edu> writes:
> >Hey guys,
> >
> >	This is totally unrelated, but my girlfriend has a 87 toyota
> >corolla SR5 and we want to find a way to get MORE POWER.  Does anyone
> >know if there are any aftermarket performance parts for those?  She
> really
> >likes the way my rocco accelerates and handles...
>

> I know of a way to make that Corolla perform just like your Scirocco. Its
> rather long and involved but she will be very pleased with the end
> result. It will require a donor Scirocco. Slowly but surely, take every
> component from the Scirocco and put it on the Toyota. Eventually you will
> replace everything on the Toyota and it will eventually become a
> Scirocco. (It will take alot of time tho!)
>
> If she really likes the way your Roc handles ect, then she should BUY
> ONE! :)
>

> >Another question while I'm here...my exhaust is leaking around the
> >catalytic converter...there seem to be no holes in any of the pipes,
> >but it looks like it might be leaking from the connections...are there
> >gaskets or donuts that can be replaced here?   TIA
> >

> >Dale
> >84 8v
>

> Yes, gaskets, replaceable.
>

>               Shawn Meze
> 86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
> The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and
> best looking Scirocco in all of San Diego!
> http://www2.netcom.com/~trnsfrma/vws.html

Check out my homepage: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~flounder/
             **
           ******