Re: Speaking of wheels...

Benton Yoshida wrote:

> I remember seeing several A1 cars with wheels that look like a dish with
> holes arranged in concentric rings.  Were these some kind of factory wheel?
> The only other cars that I've seen with similar wheels were some of the
> Dodge Omni GLH's and Chargers.  I really like the way these rims look.
> Anyone else remember them?      benton------

	I had a set on my car when I bought my tires (they came together for
$300).  They were scuffed to hell, but my cousin took them off me,
sanded them smooth and put a new clearcoat on them.  Absolutely gorgeous
setup with these rims, some 195-45-15 Continentals, and a super-clean
spring cutting.

	The car handles like it's on rails, looks like it's crawling across the
floor, does not bottom out, and makes me damn jealous.  BTW, for anyone
out there who thinks that I'm wrong can bl*w me.  I've seen, I've driven
in it, and I've been a passenger in it.  It's imaculate...true pro
spring chop.  Although I do not suggest that everyone goes out and chops
coils off their springs.  Just saying that it can be done without
adverse effects.

jason
87 16V (chopped front springs to keep it on the ground when raping the
local Civic         population)