Re: Da exhaust

> have to do it in two parts.  I was hoping someone(s) could give me an
> opinion which exhaust upgrade would give the most benefit or is it to
> close to worry about.  I was wondering if I would get more performance
> out of getting the 2" cat back with a Dynomax muffler, or getting the
> 4-2 manifold and dual downpipe.  Any thoughts?  I can get the manifold
> for $20 but I think I would need a Techtonics or the such to supply the
> downpipe, maybe $120.  OK, so next topic, the cat.  Is it worth it try
> to snag a 2" cat, I think from an Audi if I remember right, or is the

Um.  I read in a performance handbook that the BEST thing you can do
for your exhaust system (at the expense of some durability of that
part of your car) is get a set of Supersprint Triple-Y exhaust
headers.  It is also recommended that you  get a stiffer front motor
mount, to reduce flexing, and thus stress to the (slightly) more
fragile headers.  I think the kit to do this is about 300$ american?
Chad Ptasinski
1985 8V Scirocco
<It's a nearly immaculate tire eating stock machine>
"http://www.cadvision.com/Home_Pages/accounts/chadwick/"