"Turbine" wheels and Orlando too...

I've seen the wheels on Rick's car and they are indeed the so-called
"turbine" wheels, so dubbed because of the numerous thin spokes.  I don't
think they are painted, however.  They look like plain ol' aluminum or
magnesium alloy to me with maybe a clearcoat at best.

My understanding is that the Orlando wheels (and other A3 wheels) have a
higher offset than on A2 and A1's.  Whether or not that is "friendly" I
couldn't say.  Probably would work okay as long as they don't rub on the
strut housing (since the wheel would be more toward the inside of the car).

My $.02 is that the Orlando wheels are ugly and only 14" so I wouldn't want
them anyway!  :)

-Bradley
1986 Scirocco 16V 2.0 liter w/ Borbet Type C 15x7 35mm offset.
(195/50/15 Dunlop SP8000's, too.)
http://effervescent.com/btp/vw.html