Re: Seats for the 85 scirocco 8v

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997 15:59:41 -0500 (EST) Speriod Ducum <htay@indiana.edu>
writes:

>Ok!!!  i am going to the junk yard tomorrow.......  could anyone tell
>me how i can detach my seat....  tried looking in my haynes manual.....

>but it was crap...  nothing in it at all....  also can i basically find
>any seat for the scirocco or only certain year and make of VW????
please
>help ASAP........
>
>alfred

The come out pretty simple. Its a matter of removing the jam bolt under
the seat at the front of the center frame rail. Then you slide the seat
all the way to the rear and it comes right out. Installation is in
reverse of removal.
All Watercooled seats fit the same so if you want, you can use A2 seats
but you wont have the adjustment that you have that you get from Scirocco
seats and Corrado seats. FYI.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and