Re: Seats for the 85 scirocco 8v

On Mon, 8 Sep 1997, Speriod Ducum wrote:

> Ok!!!  i am going to the junk yard tomorrow.......  could anyone tell me
> how i can detach my seat....  tried looking in my haynes manual.....  but
> it was crap...  nothing in it at all....  also can i basically find any
> seat for the scirocco or only certain year and make of VW????  please help

Believe it or not, it is just one tiny (one-sided) nut. Sit on your seat.
Put your hand between your legs (:-)) and dig below the seat. There! You
got it. I believe it is a 10mm nut that you simply unscrew and then you
can slide your seat all the way forward and out of the rails and take it
off. Good time to check for broken rail-bushings, too.

Ilias