Re: 16v Exhaust performance was=Re[2]: 200hp goal

>     A header may help, but given the flex, I think under hard driving you
>     would be hard pressed to make it last more than 1 year.

My Supersprint is 2 years old and going strong, and the front motor mount
is still OE as far as I know.  One thing I will say about Supersprint is
they seem to be pretty reliable.  Not bulletproof though, as anyone with a
muffler more than 4 or 5 years old will tell you.

>     version which is 2.25" as oppsed to 2".  It is essentially a stock
>     setup but larger diameter and a free flowing CAT.  Maybe hollow out

I've said it before, Techtonics says they will not guarantee ANY power
gains from this hi-flow downpipe.  This came from the mouth of one of the
guys who takes calls there.

That's the problem with guesstimating at hp gains.  Techtonics (or anyone
else for that matter) says "hi-flow" but they don't say how much higher the
flow is, nor do they say whether or not it will make a difference on your
average mildly modded 16v.

I'm always skeptical of quoted power gains; my motto is it's better to
guess low and be wrong than guess high and look like a chump when I'm
proven wrong.