Re: What NSX????

On Wed, 22 Oct 1997 22:31:37 -0700 Benton Yoshida
<byoshida@zygote.hsc.usc.edu> writes:
>I guess what I meant was that for $90K, most of it's competitors have
much
>more power than the NSX's 290hp.  The Vette, heck even Camaros, Esprit
V8,
>911 Turbo, Viper, F355, Supra Turbo  all have over 300hp.  I really like
>the NSX, I just think that it could be a more potent car for the money.
>And unlike the rest of you, I'd trade my Scirocco for one *duck*  C'mon,
>there's probably at least one of you that would  *duck harder*

They may have more power but they are not as light as the NSX. That s
where it gets its performance advantage. Its a relatively small car with
a great suspension. I cant seem to run my Car Test program (Since my
computer episode) but it had listed 4 different models. The quickest was
a 14 second car in the 1/4 mile. The slowest was a 16 second car.
(Automatic too, ew!)
Of the cars you listed above, id have to pick the F355 first, then the
Viper, then the 911T. THEN id pick the NSX. More than anything, the NSX
is an amazing looking car! The performance might not be there, but it
sure has got some of the finest lines any car has ever gotten. (For the
street.)
I checked out the new Vette at the last autox. FUGLY. I love vette's too.
I just don't like the fatboy look to the whole car. Its like they're
trying to make it a caddy in a vettes clothing or something. Whatever
happened to the small, powerful guidelines of days gone past. Now its
like they're making it for the 50+ men who can afford it on their way to
their mid life crisis. Oh well, i'll die in my Scirocco! :)

rant-rant-rant..... :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and