Re: Crossmember woes :-\

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997 19:51:57 -0400 Etrik Patricella
<etrik@pure-research.net> writes:
>I just have a few questions,  some of you may or may not know
>that my front crossmember (where the front motor mount is) is
>toast.  I have repaired it (halfassed) but would like to know
>if it can be replaced?  If not, anybody know how much it would
>cost to get it done? (I am guessing ALOT).  If it costs more
>than me going out and buying a small MIG welder and a grinder
>than I'll do it myself.
>
>Later
>Etrik

With as many hours as I have under my car, I'd say that its a complete
unbolt job. I could be wrong on this. I found that the Jetta we bought
had been in a front end collision and it was replaced this way. I see
lots of bolts on the body/crossmember like it simply unbolts and you
could bolt in a good one.
HTH!
I'll be out under my Scirocco tomorrow and i'll take a closer look for
you.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and