Re: Indianapolis... CINCINNATI Cruise-in

On Mon, 20 Oct 1997 00:20:52 -0400 (EDT) SCIROCCO87@aol.com writes:
>I'm not down with this at all.  We have to be more considerate to our
West
>coast list members.   I say Kansas or something more central.  I very
>seriously want to meet some more people from out thattta way.  I'm
already
>thinking about  a drive to the west coast  next summer to race Shawn so
this
>could be perfect.  I drove a lot the last 9 months and have met a bunch
of
>list members along the way.  It's worth the extra drive.
>DANMAY
>8716VScirocco  83GTi
>http://members.aol.com/scirocco87

I meant to complain about this as well but I was kinda busy the last few
days. Im really against meeting in Indy. To me, that's not even CLOSE to
meeting in the middle someplace. I looked on a map and as Dan pointed
out, Kansas is about middle for everybody. don't forget that we have
listee's in Seattle that may or may not want to make the trek. Its
already gonna be over  1,500 miles one way for me alone. Seattle to
Topeka is over 1,800 miles. Ottawa is only 1,300 miles and if you were
comming from Miami Florida (Which nobody is AFIK.) it would be around
1,500 miles. Id really rather not have to travel the extra 500 miles to
go to Indy. (although id love to visit there one day!)
Im pretty serious about making a trip to meet other list members, but at
the same time, im very limited to what I can and cant do. If you guys
decide on using Indy as the place to meet, id have to miss this one im
afraid.
As it stands now, im planning on making the trip next year to Waterfest
(I know, im sick and stoopid.... no, im just sick. Jason is Stoopid!)  :)
Comming back for a Topeka meet durring the SCCA Nationals would allow me
to combine my autox trip with the chance to meet all you geeks. (and kick
Dans ass!) That would be ideal for me and especially since there are some
of us that went to Topeka this year that will probably be making the trip
again next year anyways. It would also allow for having something to do
while were together, watch VW's Race!!

that's my opinion. What are your thoughts?

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and