Re: only in europe-gearing q'-CLARIFICATION-

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 20:04:12 -0500 Jim Buck <vwpride@mixi.net> writes:

>What I'd REALLY like to see is Shawn's Scirocco going 172!  Now that
>would be a Halloween treat!
>
>ahem, Thank you,
>Jim

Heh!! Yeah, that would be a treat. Paul Krucker from the list is in town
on business all the way from Cleveland and he's gonna go racing (autox)
with me on sunday. Maybe I can take him down this really steep hill and
show him what 150 mph is like! My spedo stops counting at 120 mph, but
reads until about where 135mph would be. Reading RPM's as a speed
indicator, ive had it up to about 150 or so, but it wasn't easy and I
didn't feel comfortable enough spending any time looking at the spedo. (I
made my son look. He was scared too..)
To do 172, id need a turbo, NOS and a hell of alot more engine mods to
turn the motor to redline. (And a steeper hill and a good tail wind!)
Hmm, maybe I could get my car in the world records at the salt flats as
the worlds fastest VW Scirocco...... Anybody have the stats on the
current record?
Heh, dream on, I know.  :)

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and