a few troubles passed...

I'm back after a few days wrestling with the "improvements" to MSN that
include the 4.0 browser and a new e-mail setup, but this ain't the place for
me to be bitching about that (although I could let fly for about an hour if
provoked), so...

Thanks to the recently-defected-from-the-list Josh Clark, I have an
operational driver's side window for the first time since I purchased the
car early this year.  Given my recent a/c foibles, this couldn't have come
at a better time.  Much easier job putting that motor assembly in than I
thought it was going to be.  To celebrate, I visited two drive-thrus today!

Back to the a/c; I'll be following the advice from Rick, Shawn, and a buddy
of mine who successfully converted his 528e to 134a (that looks funny when
typed, sorta), and doing as much of the convert myself.  With the fall
coming, I see where I can get the evacuation/leak identification done for
about $30.  I'll then replace the receiver/dryer, replace the gaskets (one
or more of which will hopefully be the leak), and repair any non-gasket
leaks, before taking it back for a re-evacuation (air?) and fill-up.  Did I
leave out any steps?

BTW, isthis message legible?  I'm not so sure I'm not sending things out in
Cyrillic, the way my luck has run getting this software to play nice.