Re: A/C -- The Final Chapter(?)

On Thu, 9 Oct 97 00:33:56 UT "Jeff Wheeler" <j_dubbya@classic.msn.com>
writes:

>Guess what I need is to hire someone to locate and repair the leak,
which will
>hopefully happen when all the gaskets are replaced in anticipation of
the
>legal refrigerant; replace the receiver/dryer, and recharge the system.
Am I
>capable of any meaningful portion of this?

You could do everything but evacuate the system, unless you have the tool
and a compressor to do it with. Replacing the o-rings is easy enough. As
I recall, there are 8 o-rings total? 2 on the compressor lines, 2 on the
receiver dryer, 2 on the condenser and 2 on the thingamagizzie in the
car... (Im tired.. cant thunk..) There's no reason why you couldn't
replace these yourself. Why pay some boner to do a 30 minute job? (Don't
answer that!)  :)

Latah.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and