Re: highway story...

On Sun, 12 Oct 1997, Night Shadow wrote:

> Oh, I forgot to tell you guys, on the way to the Autox on Sat. morning,
> guess who pulls in front of me but....Kevin Wenzel(who runs the list) in
> his mkI....then we came up on a Subaru trailering another mkI...it was
> pretty cool to have 3 mkI's in a row.....that mkI on the trailer was
> pretty damn cool...roadrace prepped, full rollcage, ect.......

That's Annie (my girlfriend's sister) & John Bonvoilour's ITC car.  It's
pretty damn fast when it's not broken - took 2nd at the IT support races
for the Trans Am event at PPIR a couple of weeks ago.  Don't know about
them rainbow racing stripes, though... :-/  There's a picture of it at
http://www2.privatei.com/signedge/race.html - it's the animated GIF at
the top and the third one from the bottom (the second one from the bottom
is mine, as it looked at the beginning of the season).

> PS---Hey Kevin, sorry you were sick man! How are ya doin???

Better than I was that day - I made it out for autocross the next day and
got spanked (for the first time in several races, I'll have you know) by
Iain... I had just purchased a set of 13x9 Weld wheels (just under 10#
each), but only received three.  I put those on the front, and left my 19#
13x8 steels in the back - that was a baaaaad idea.  With the lightweight
wheels in front, my new caster plates, and much older tires in back it
was like having the hand brake pulled the whole way around.  I had one
clean run, a total of 12-15 cones, and the only reason I didn't finish last
was because my friend James was kind enough to show up in his interesting
but dog-slow Opel Manta. :(  Because of this, I lost the points lead to
Mannix - only one more race to decide it with.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/