Re: Hey all!

On Mon, 13 Oct 1997, Night Shadow wrote:

> Nope, constant accel....I don't think the acc/brake method would work well
> with a fwd with as little power as our cars have, now the big rwd muscle
> cars, thats a different story....

Mannix is good in slaloms, actually.  He doesn't think he is, but he is.  I
notice a lot of people heading into slaloms too tentatively at first and
accelerating too much through it, then they end up off the throttle through
the second half and either loose too much speed or get out of shape and spin.
Slaloms should, for the most part, be run like Shawn said, even in a pony
car (John Ames is the current ESP champ in a Camaro, runs in Colo. and he's
a wonder to watch through slaloms - smooth).

As for the fuel starvation thing - mine does that pretty badly at anything
much less than 3/4 tank (we've got a really grippy surface out here).  I've
had to teach myself to just fill the tank the night before just to be sure.
A little more weight in the back is not necessarily a bad thing with these
cars, so I wouldn't worry about that.  It's funny - at Nationals, I spent
so much time worrying about everything else that I completely forgot to put
more than 1/8th of a tank in... after my first run on the first day I had
to borrow fuel from 4 different people to stop the thing from gagging around
every corner.  I had also forgotten to change the mixture after dropping
from 5300' to 970' in Kansas... my first day there was, uh, educational
(the second day went much, much better).

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/