Re: highway story...

On Wed, 15 Oct 1997, Kevin Wenzel wrote:

> That's Annie (my girlfriend's sister) & John Bonvoilour's ITC car.  It's
> pretty damn fast when it's not broken - took 2nd at the IT support races
> for the Trans Am event at PPIR a couple of weeks ago.  Don't know about
> them rainbow racing stripes, though... :-/  There's a picture of it at
> http://www2.privatei.com/signedge/race.html - it's the animated GIF at
> the top and the third one from the bottom (the second one from the bottom
> is mine, as it looked at the beginning of the season).

Yeah, I ended up talking with John quite a bit, nice guy....and Annie is
an excellent driver!

> was like having the hand brake pulled the whole way around.  I had one
> clean run, a total of 12-15 cones, and the only reason I didn't finish last
> was because my friend James was kind enough to show up in his interesting
> but dog-slow Opel Manta. :(  Because of this, I lost the points lead to
> Mannix - only one more race to decide it with.

You'll get him....I won't be able to make it Sun, it's my Dad's
b-day...but sometime I'll have to try the accl/brake method on the
sloalm..I just kept eating cones!(So bad that I ate a fog light)

That Opel is hilarious! I was suprised how slow it was! you'd figure a 1.9
would have something up it's sleeve...nice guy, that James...should get
him in a Scirocco.....

Eric