A/C -- The Final Chapter(?)

Weeellll, it's pretty obvious I'll have to look to professional assistance on
this one.  Fortunately (thanks to Rick) (thanks, Rick!), I can go in fairly
well informed about what I suffer from and what I need.

It sure isn't interested in holding any Freon above a few pounds of  pressure.

Guess what I need is to hire someone to locate and repair the leak, which will
hopefully happen when all the gaskets are replaced in anticipation of the
legal refrigerant; replace the receiver/dryer, and recharge the system.  Am I
capable of any meaningful portion of this?